Cam4 Moderators

Post Reply

user_7867 July 10, 2014 5:30 AM
Posts:
4
Join Date:
Jul 2014
I see Cam4 admin are now advising performers to only use members who have tipped during the show as moderators. This was the latest from Nikki's recent coaching session on Cam4 yesterday.

Good advice I say.
Reply
user_7354 July 10, 2014 7:40 AM
Posts:
1
Join Date:
May 2014
Very good news and its long overdue. Too many moderators are just free loaders who want control of the room for their own ego. Not because they are helping the performer out.

Thank fuck admin finally realised what was going on. Took them long enough.
Reply
_rosa_ July 11, 2014 3:17 AM
Posts:
6
Join Date:
Jun 2013
Yes I was there and its about time. Seems like they listened to concerns in the coaching sessions about guys always wanting to be mod but never actually sending tokens to the performer. I can see why this makes some of the female performers uncomfortable. Nikki has it right when she says these mods never cam themselves so the only way they can feel worthy is by having power over the room. Harsh words but she is right. Nikki is also right when she says performers should always be wary of guys who ask to be moderator. Some of the guys who mod think they are a dictator. Being ban or silence happy doesn't achieve anything but a bad name for those good mods who do the right thing and more importantly costs performers potential earnings if people are staying clear of the rooms where there are moderators they dislike.
Reply
user_7867 July 11, 2014 8:56 AM
Posts:
4
Join Date:
Jul 2014
Totally agree with the above post. Many times I have gone into the male cams and some of their mods are ''send a tip'', ''no caps'', ''no demand'', ''no advertising'', they may as well just scream ''no chatting''! and put the whole room on silence while constantly putting ''tips send tips'' just puts tippers off actually sending them. No one likes to be told what to do.

Moderating like that is aggressive and the only person harmed is the performer as most tippers do not want to be around such an aggressive and over the top moderator acting like its their show and not that of the performer. Acting like a dictator is so true.

New features like only allowing those with tokens or those who have tipped during the show to chat are the best way to deal with spammers anyway. So if its tokens the performer really wants that is their option to use.

I also had to chuckle at Nikki saying Cam4 have no issue with spammers. Too right! There is no harm in advertising your cam in other rooms and I'm pleased Cam4 admin have acknowledged this.
Reply
_rosa_ July 13, 2014 1:51 PM
Posts:
6
Join Date:
Jun 2013
Kim repeated this on her Cam4 Ask The Admin today and repeated this ''NEVER use a moderator who asks to be mod''.

I'm very pleased Cam4 are sorting his issue out now and are dealing with the over eager mods.
Reply
user_6903 July 14, 2014 5:14 AM
Posts:
2
Join Date:
Apr 2014

Originally Posted by user_3594

Kim repeated this on her Cam4 Ask The Admin today and repeated this ''NEVER use a moderator who asks to be mod''.

I'm very pleased Cam4 are sorting his issue out now and are dealing with the over eager mods.
That is great advice. Too many mods now think its their show and not the performers. I can't go into Kevin_Todds room anymore because their stupid moderator has ruined the atmosphere of the whole room. He thinks he is Hitler and the only people who suffer are Kevin and Todd as they lose out on my tokens.
Reply
user_7927 July 20, 2014 5:07 AM
Posts:
1
Join Date:
Jul 2014
This sort of action is long overdue. One mod called i_c_u_to needs to be told off by Kim. His forceful nature and over demanding tone is ruining things for the people who he moderates for. The only thing stopping me from saying people shouldn't use i_c_u_to is the fact he tips. So to his credit he isn't a free loader. He just needs to reign himself in a little bit and stop being so overbearing.

The biggest mod problem on cam4 is Strokenit. The guy is a walking advert on how to not moderate a room. I wonder if recent changes from Cam4 Admin are because so many complain about him...
Reply
user_7867 July 20, 2014 5:24 AM
Posts:
4
Join Date:
Jul 2014

Originally Posted by user_7927

The biggest mod problem on cam4 is Strokenit. The guy is a walking advert on how to not moderate a room. I wonder if recent changes from Cam4 Admin are because so many complain about him...


I only caught the tail end of the original discussion in Coach Nikki's room but it came about because one performer 'MrBigmn' or something similar complained about a member who made him feel uneasy by constantly asking to be moderator. Kim then repeated Nikki's advice during her own 'Ask The Admin' about not using anyone who asks to be mod or who never tips. Cam4 get a lot of stick for not protecting performers but it seems like they are changing things now. Lots of new features are being introduced including if you were banned, silenced or kicked from a room you will have the chance to send a report to Cam4 about it to see if the mod/performer had valid enough grounds to do so. This is one thing that really should make a big difference.

They value tippers just as much as performers so aim to keep everyone happy.
Reply
user_6872 July 23, 2014 4:50 AM
Posts:
1
Join Date:
Apr 2014
Do you mean mkbigc? ^^^^

The best mod I have ever seen on Cam4 is the German boy called Felix who moderates for Matt Kayd. I'm not a Matt regular but his room is always friendly and welcoming because Felix does the best job. He doesn't tell people to fuck off or make jokes at the expense of others. Felix is a real nice person.

The worst mod on Cam4 however is Strokenit. I can't work out if he is a retard or just an overexcited cunt but he is annoying. Diarrhea is more appealing than entering a room with Strokenit in it. I don't like Cntryboi4cok either. He is foul mouthed and aggressive to the point that any discussion is pointless as he will silence or ban you. In 8 years of being on Cam4 I have seen him mod hundreds of rooms but never send a single tip. Never seen him on cam either... I know several tippers who warned performers they wouldn't send them tokens if he was mod of their room.

Anyone know what happened with Scoobskitts? I used to like her. She always did a good job in Marc's room. I did try to send her a message on Cam4 but she has it set to friends only. I heard that there was some trouble that she had a lawyer investigating. Did she get recorded? I just read a comment on her profile here from someone threatening to post video caps of her. WTF! Hope she finds that person. One of the guys who jerks off on Cam is a private detective. If you read this Scoobs get in touch and I will tell you who he is.
Reply
user_7867 July 23, 2014 9:05 AM
Posts:
4
Join Date:
Jul 2014
Lets not mention names guys. Keep it clean.

Originally Posted by user_6872


Anyone know what happened with Scoobskitts? I used to like her. She always did a good job in Marc's room. I did try to send her a message on Cam4 but she has it set to friends only. I heard that there was some trouble that she had a lawyer investigating. Did she get recorded? I just read a comment on her profile here from someone threatening to post video caps of her. WTF! Hope she finds that person. One of the guys who jerks off on Cam is a private detective. If you read this Scoobs get in touch and I will tell you who he is.


Scoobs is good, both her and David know who targeted them. So don't worry. David also told me she has been having computer trouble and won't be back properly until its fixed.
Reply
user_8120 August 9, 2014 8:32 AM
Posts:
1
Join Date:
Aug 2014
Hi there.

Cam4 came into my room yesterday under the name of ADMIN written in red on a gold bar and advised me not to use anyone who asks to be my moderator.

Is this a new computer generated feature?
Reply
Rozenall36 November 8, 2014 12:01 PM
Posts:
58
Join Date:
Jun 2012

I disagree

So how is a good moderator supposed to be noticed? "never use a person that asks to be mod" I think that is such a unthoughtful heavy handed approach. It should be "never use a mod that isn't experienced". Just like a job, you've got to start somewhere. Mods often don't tip because they are moderating. Sometimes it's quite demanding and it's not paid. I've never had a performer, nor would I accept payment from anyone for being a mod. If I tipped every performer I've modded for I'd be homeless and in the streets. So you want some new fresh mods that never ask to be mod. Fine. The shows will suffer. But nothing is better for a performer than an experienced moderator. If "cam4 has no issues with the spammers", it's another dumb statement. Spammers can literally ruin a good show. So who will be the mods? Tippers? In my experience a tipper doesn't want to be bothered with such work and wants to be able to relax and enjoy. On the other hand, some tippers get quite jealous and then there's another problem for the performer. Cam4 needs to use an auto mod system and back up its terms of use statements about what can and cannot be said in the rooms. If you think modding is about ego and power, try it a few times and belive me you'[ll realize it's nothing further from the truth. Cam4 hasn't done their job in getting rid of the persisnent abusive mods that give all mods a bad name. I rarely mod any more because cam4 will not back mods. Its up to the performer to do that. Lots of misperceptions going on here. Knock off the good mods guys. Real smart!
Reply
Rozenall36 November 16, 2014 9:06 AM
Posts:
58
Join Date:
Jun 2012

Good question

3 years ago I was banned (fraudulently) from cam4 after being a member for 2 years.. The scenario is as you described. I was just one of many popular, happy, and productive people on that site he became jealous of. I have to use the site without my real name or primary userid, and if he thinks it's me cam4 admins ban or mess up my password and account. I'm still there because I've never did anything against the terms of use. I preach the terms of use to the newcomers and I warn of him. I warned skoobs on the first day I met her. Anyway, I've given much thought to your question and now, at this point, the people in charge I think have given up and don't want to lose face. Cam4 focus is not on its members although its a bit better now, but only recently people like me were disposable and they do not want to admit their mismanagement. Banning his username would just put him underground like I must stay and it would be more difficult to track his bashings. I just hope now that after all the proof and data sent to casm4 admins they don't listen to what he tells them about people, because it's al lies, lies, lies. So the choice for people is simple..stay at cam4 and tolerate him, or move on to another site. I think he's in legal trouble now and that's the only way he's going to be taken out of cam4. It's just very poor management on cam4's part to believe such a borderline personality.
Reply
LTD84 November 18, 2014 4:58 AM
Posts:
26
Join Date:
Sep 2014
Cntry is a strange guy. He says on his bio he doesn't go around begging to be mod yet I watched him in sddc75 room once not only begging but pleading for mod status. It was so uncomfortable I had to stop watching the cam. Scoobs is friends with that guy so I hope she warned him about Cntry. He just takes Cam4 too seriously and that rant on his profile is just weird. If you have nothing to hide then you have nothing to deny. I will never forgive Cntry for silencing me in Kevin & Todd's room. I never even did anything wrong and I didn't know I had been silenced until AFTER I had tipped. To their credit they don't seem to use him anymore so I think at long last they realised what a douchebag he is.
Reply
Rozenall36 November 20, 2014 1:53 PM
Posts:
58
Join Date:
Jun 2012

Is that correct info?

Originally Posted by user_7867

I see Cam4 admin are now advising performers to only use members who have tipped during the show as moderators. This was the latest from Nikki's recent coaching session on Cam4 yesterday.

Good advice I say.


Above was written in July, it's now nearly December. hm
Reply
Komy November 20, 2014 11:19 PM
Posts:
17
Join Date:
Jun 2013
Its true. If you go to the Cam4 Blog its all on there as well. Cam4 have been advising this for months.

Its also clear from these Ask The Admin sessions that Kim is not a fan of certain mods and the way they behave. So I wouldn't worry yourselves about 'certain' personalities. ;)
Reply
whodat20 November 22, 2014 2:43 AM
Posts:
11
Join Date:
May 2014

Originally Posted by user_8274

I will never forgive Cntry for silencing me in Kevin & Todd's room. I never even did anything wrong and I didn't know I had been silenced until AFTER I had tipped. To their credit they don't seem to use him anymore so I think at long last they realised what a douchebag he is.


Yep that is what happened to me also. Apparently my silencing was an ''accident'' but it seems these accidents happen quite a lot when he is around. Plus Cntryboi4cok is the sites biggest freeloader. He never ever tips so has zero right telling others to do so. He makes every room that he is mod of an unpleasant and unfriendly place to be. I haven't seen him around for a while but I try to avoid all the rooms he would usually be in. Which is a shame because at the end of the day I have tokens I would spend on those guys if he wasn't there spoiling things.
Reply
Komy December 9, 2014 6:57 AM
Posts:
17
Join Date:
Jun 2013

Originally Posted by CM797

Above was written in July, it's now nearly December. hm


CM797, Kim is planning one more 'Ask The Admin' before Christmas. You should come along. I'm sure she would welcome you into the discussion on this subject.

EDIT - its now 2pm, Kim is live on Cam4. If you really want to help shape the way Cam4 is run then come tell her what you think, CM797.
Reply
whodat20 December 21, 2014 11:05 AM
Posts:
11
Join Date:
May 2014
Be careful of someone called Teachmod30.... He kept coming into my friends room and 'advising' him on what to he should be doing on Cam. It made him think he was being recorded and it has freaked him out so much he has now lodged a formal complaint to Cam4 about it. I just looked at Teachmod30's profile page and he talks about his 'vast knowledge base of adult entertainment' and then moans about how much hard work being a moderator is, WTF is this shit? do Cam4 know some strange guy is freaking out performers like this? the site have their own staff like Nikki and Jacob who help the performers with everything they need to know about Cam4.
Reply
Rozenall36 December 21, 2014 1:44 PM
Posts:
58
Join Date:
Jun 2012

Teach mod is awesome! Leave him a message.

Boy you must be new at cam4 or certainly pretty skittish. Teach mod is an awesome guy and tries but can't freak anyone out except I guess you! LOL formal complaint. like that does anything. Spread the fear man you are of no use to anyone. Get to know people before you and your "friend" get beware of people. Don't you have a life yet? haha I laugh in your jealous face as jealous haters such as your self. Pay attention to your words and actions. This is not the venue for trolling. Everyone I know loves teach mods extensive knowledge and said he's happy that other's are finally teaching these performers besides him. hahaha in your face. "laughter is the best reaction to jealousy" it strikes fear in those weak people that must attempt to feal important by putting others down.
Reply
whodat20 December 22, 2014 12:00 PM
Posts:
11
Join Date:
May 2014
Oh dear! well since I posted that I find out via other sources Cam4 have repeatedly banned you for harassing performers. So I guess the only one laughing is me at your lame ass attempts to defend yourself.
Reply

Post Reply

Ads